Cumbernauld Centurions Membership Renewal
CUMBERNAULD CENTURIONS CODE OF CONDUCT
As a member of the club, you are expected to abide by the following code.
• arrive for training and competition in good time to prepare properly
• wear suitable kit (including a helmet) and clothing for all cycling activity sessions, as agreed with the coach
• warm up and cool down properly on all occasions
• play within the rules and respect officials and all their decisions
• be a good sport by applauding all good performances, whether they are made by my club or the opposition
• control my temper - verbal abuse of officials and other riders, or deliberately distracting/provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in any sport
• work equally hard for myself and my club - remember, the club’s performance will benefit, and so will I
• respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of their gender, ability, disability, cultural background or religion
• pay any fees promptly
• abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or while representing the club at competitions
• abide by the rule that junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on club premises or while representing the club
• treat all participants in cycling as I would like to be treated - not bullying or
taking unfair advantage of another participant
• cooperate with my coach, club mates and opponents - remember, without them there would be no competition
• thank officials and opponents after competition.
I, being the parent/carer have read the information contained on this form and hereby consent to the child detailed in section 2 taking part in the cycling activity sessions and understand and agree that he/she participates in cycling activity sessions under the instruction of British Cycling qualified coaches entirely at his/her own risk. I have considered the nature of such sessions and have discussed them with him/her. I am satisfied that he/she is sufficiently responsible and competent to assume full and entire responsibility for his/her own safety under the supervison of a British Cycling qualified coach. I confirm that he/she does not have any disability or medical condition (not disclosed overleaf) that could affect his/her ability to participate safely in cycling activity sessions.
By returning this completed form, I agree to the child named in above taking part in the activities of the club.
I understand that in the event of any injury or illness all reasonable steps will be taken to contact me, and to
deal with the injury/illness appropriately, including administering first-aid.
Digitally signing the fields below indicates your acceptance of the Club Code of Conduct and, where applicable, the Parental Consent
Thanks for renewing for another year with us !!